Cooking Bacon In The Oven
Tip # 15: By: Executive Chef Henri Chazaud
Bacon is often requested as part of a breakfast menu. Most people cook it in a "need-to-watch" frying pan. However there is another simple alternative. We teach our Culinary Companions to cook it in the oven. It's clean and quick - crispy and tasty. Plus, while it is cooking, it allows caregivers to prepare other elements of the meal, or to safely tend to the needs of the senior they are caring for.
Sharing Our ExperienceOur caregivers help their residents successfully deal with physical, mental, social and emotional challenges on a regular basis. At the same time, they also strive to help each senior to maintain their personal dignity.
On this page, our caregivers share some of their experiences with the hope of aiding family members who are caring for an elderly loved one.
View More Caregiver TipsClick on any Caregiver Tip that is listed below and it will appear to the left replacing the Tip that is currently there.
- Proper Handwashing Is Important
- Minimizing Caregiver Stress
- Cooking Bacon In The Oven
(← Now appearing to left.)
- Bring Out The Flavor Of Peppers
- Add Lemon Juice, Without Seeds
- Safer Driver Program Recommended
- Timing Can Reduce Food Costs
- Team Up With Pets
- Keeps Minds Sharp As Possible
- "Girls" Like Getting Pretty
- Add Cheer To Holidays
- Anticipate Needs & Hazards
- Avoid Spreading Germs
- Take Time To Communicate
- Sometimes Assist, Sometimes Support
- Ask Permission First
- Eye Contact Helps To Explain
Note: These tips are for information purposes. When faced with health and safety issues, we strongly recommend that you seek the care and guidance of a licensed health professional.