Safer Driver Program Recommended
Tip # 12: By: Gerontologist Judi Bonilla
Older adults usually drive more conservatively and they want to be safe behind the wheel. (Many are very good drivers.) However, it is very important that they make sure the effects of aging are not hindering their ability to see, hear and/or respond to driving situations. I recommend that they attend a Safer Driver Program to find out how to extend their ability to drive safely.
Sharing Our ExperienceOur caregivers help their residents successfully deal with physical, mental, social and emotional challenges on a regular basis. At the same time, they also strive to help each senior to maintain their personal dignity.
On this page, our caregivers share some of their experiences with the hope of aiding family members who are caring for an elderly loved one.
View More Caregiver TipsClick on any Caregiver Tip that is listed below and it will appear to the left replacing the Tip that is currently there.
- Proper Handwashing Is Important
- Minimizing Caregiver Stress
- Cooking Bacon In The Oven
- Bring Out The Flavor Of Peppers
- Add Lemon Juice, Without Seeds
- Safer Driver Program Recommended
(← Now appearing to left.)
- Timing Can Reduce Food Costs
- Team Up With Pets
- Keeps Minds Sharp As Possible
- "Girls" Like Getting Pretty
- Add Cheer To Holidays
- Anticipate Needs & Hazards
- Avoid Spreading Germs
- Take Time To Communicate
- Sometimes Assist, Sometimes Support
- Ask Permission First
- Eye Contact Helps To Explain