Timing Can Reduce Food Costs
Tip # 11: By: Executive Chef Henri Chazaud
When foods are plentiful, they are typically less expensive. So knowing harvest times can lead to money-saving tasty meals. For example, for about three weeks out of the year, you can get Copper River salmon. Costco has it for about $13.99/lb fresh, wild, and delisiosa! High in flavor, most other retailers are selling it for $18-30/lb. To learn more about this fish and its nutritional value, go to: www.copperriversalmon.org.
Sharing Our ExperienceOur caregivers help their residents successfully deal with physical, mental, social and emotional challenges on a regular basis. At the same time, they also strive to help each senior to maintain their personal dignity.
On this page, our caregivers share some of their experiences with the hope of aiding family members who are caring for an elderly loved one.
View More Caregiver TipsClick on any Caregiver Tip that is listed below and it will appear to the left replacing the Tip that is currently there.
- Proper Handwashing Is Important
- Minimizing Caregiver Stress
- Cooking Bacon In The Oven
- Bring Out The Flavor Of Peppers
- Add Lemon Juice, Without Seeds
- Safer Driver Program Recommended
- Timing Can Reduce Food Costs
(← Now appearing to left.)
- Team Up With Pets
- Keeps Minds Sharp As Possible
- "Girls" Like Getting Pretty
- Add Cheer To Holidays
- Anticipate Needs & Hazards
- Avoid Spreading Germs
- Take Time To Communicate
- Sometimes Assist, Sometimes Support
- Ask Permission First
- Eye Contact Helps To Explain
Note: These tips are for information purposes. When faced with health and safety issues, we strongly recommend that you seek the care and guidance of a licensed health professional.