Eye Contact Helps To Explain
Tip # 1: By: Companion Stuart
To improve communication and build a bond, I find it helps to face a senior, establish eye contact be patient and show compassion. This is true especially for clients with poor vision, a hearing problem or cognitive impairment. By doing so, I avoid startling the senior and help them to focus on the issue at hand. This process can also help to keep them involved in decision making.
Sharing Our ExperienceOur caregivers help their residents successfully deal with physical, mental, social and emotional challenges on a regular basis. At the same time, they also strive to help each senior to maintain their personal dignity.
On this page, our caregivers share some of their experiences with the hope of aiding family members who are caring for an elderly loved one.
View More Caregiver TipsClick on any Caregiver Tip that is listed below and it will appear to the left replacing the Tip that is currently there.
- Proper Handwashing Is Important
- Minimizing Caregiver Stress
- Cooking Bacon In The Oven
- Bring Out The Flavor Of Peppers
- Add Lemon Juice, Without Seeds
- Safer Driver Program Recommended
- Timing Can Reduce Food Costs
- Team Up With Pets
- Keeps Minds Sharp As Possible
- "Girls" Like Getting Pretty
- Add Cheer To Holidays
- Anticipate Needs & Hazards
- Avoid Spreading Germs
- Take Time To Communicate
- Sometimes Assist, Sometimes Support
- Ask Permission First
- Eye Contact Helps To Explain
(← Now appearing to left.)
Note: These tips are for information purposes. When faced with health and safety issues, we strongly recommend that you seek the care and guidance of a licensed health professional.